Ernestine B. Beck-Fulgham
“Beginning Monday, June 15, 2020, the Village Manager’s office will be available by appointment request only for in-person visits. Please contact my assistant, Lisa PlummerEl, at (708) 235-4848 to schedule your appointment. Due to official mandates, all guests and staff are required to wear a face covering, when visiting our offices. Thank you for your understanding.”
With over fifty years of employment experience, Mrs. Beck-Fulgham is experienced in economic development, grant writing, and municipal management. She served as a Commissioner (Commission Form of Government) in the City of Harvey and was appointed by former Governor James R. Thompson to the State Steering Committee for the Distribution of Community Services Block Grants.
Mrs. Beck-Fulgham served on the board of directors for Goodwill Industries, the Community & Economic Development Board of Cook County/ Robbins (CEDA), JASSAC Charitable Foundation and the Executive Board of CEDA and the South Suburban Mayors & Managers Association.
The Village of University Park operates under the Manager-Council form of government,
which is regulated by state law. Under this form of government, the Mayor and Board of
Trustees set policy, and the Village Manager is responsible for carrying out their directives.
The Village Manager's duties include:
- Enforcing all laws and ordinances within the Village
- Attending all Village Board of Trustees meetings -
- The Village Manager may take part in discussions but has no vote
- Recommending the adoption of any action that may be deemed necessary for the welfare of the Village
- Appointing and removing all Village employees with the exception of firefighters and police officers, who are under the jurisdiction of the Fire and Police Commission
- Exercising control over all Village departments
- Preparing and submitting an annual operating budget to the Board of Trustees for approval
- Authorizing the purchase of necessary equipment, materials, supplies, and services not to exceed $10,000 - all purchases and contracts in excess of $10,000 must be approved by the Board and secured through competitive bidding or authorized by a bid waiver
- Prescribing rules and regulations regarding the conduct of all Village employees
- Performing other duties as prescribed by state statute, Village codified ordinances, or by resolution of the Board of Trustees
POWERS AND DUTIES OF THE VILLAGE MANAGER
If you have questions or comments, feel free to contact us at (708) 235-4813