Applying for Licenses
Licenses are required for all businesses, contractors, and vendors offering liquor in the Village of University Park. You may apply for these licenses at Village Hall in person, mail your application in, or drop off the application in the drop box provided.
Other documents must be submitted, including:
Background Checks and Investigations
- An Assumed Business Name Certificate from either the Cook County Clerk's office or the Will County Clerk's office or Incorporation papers
- An Illinois Retail Sales Tax ID if your business is selling a product
- A Food Service Sanitation Certificate if your business is a food dealer or dispenser
- A copy of your license from the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services if your business is a home-based day care
- A copy of your liability insurance for Special Temporary Food Events
Per the University Park Police Department
, a background check will be required for any owner, instructor, coach, or voluntary assistant for any business whose primary goal is the instruction or care of children. This background check will be conducted by the University Park Police Department
and may include a fingerprint check run through the Illinois State Police Bureau of Information.
In some instances, the Village of University Park requires inspections and/or investigations prior to issuance of the business certificate and before a business can operate. A liquor license does require the approval of the Village Mayor